2/28/19


The conception was brought on by the creators, Sarah Broach and Maddie Rochester. I love the art
style and how they broke down there story to convey a message of forgiveness. But had to convince
the team of choosing it which was not all that hard. So after this process we broke up the workload
according to scenes. I wanted the scenes in which the monster is involved due to loving creature
animation. I primarily focus on the monstrosities than people. So I took scene 6 through 8 as my
challenge. I took the ideas from the storyboard and tried to incorporate them into an animation instead
of the given animatic. The beautiful drawings were deceiving, making it seem very easy, but as most
people know animation is not as straightforward, unfortunately. Translating the drawings  was a lot
harder than anticipated. The stills were convincing but creating the movements in some cases took
away from the scene. I broke down the “wolf” pillaging through the cave of rabbits with strong menacing
clawing and a camera angle that evokes a large size difference. I feel this scene was the only scene
accomplished without needed refinement. However the scene before outside the cave was not as
appealing when watched back to back, meaning change of angles. Start of scene 7 the rabbits inside
the cave became difficult due to the confinement of the cave so moving them around in an organic
matter is difficult. They are almost running over each other, which is almost the point because of fear
and terror. And with the current model for our cave still needs a “back alley escape” so as soon as that
i complete the rabbits will no longer be magic phasing creatures. The last scene was the worst on when
it came to the audience reading the scene. I need to add more rabbits as well as give them more
individuality. So now after the first set was critiqued it allowed for me to refine the shots. Which are
still in the works. Changing cameras as well as changed models and textures takes more time than
anticipated. That is that for sprint one and two allowing for a strong push into sprint three with splining
after blocking is refined.    

Comments